umivcf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The (INFORMAL) Christmas Banquet Thread!

2 posters

umivcf :: IVCF :: General

Go down

The (INFORMAL) Christmas Banquet Thread! Empty The (INFORMAL) Christmas Banquet Thread!

Post by tangaroo Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 am

Hey guys!

just letting you know that we have an outreach event coming up this december 5th.

The Title:
"Christmas Banquet"
The Program: Dinner, Musical Performances, Christmas Card Making for Mott Children's Hospital
Venue: East Hall, Psych Atrium and Auditorium
Time: 7-9pm

Things to do:
-Buy Tickets! (AIV members: 5 dollars(not set in stone...yet). Guests: FREE)
-Invite a Friend!
-DON'T BUY A DRESS OR WEAR A SUIT/DRESS.
-This is informal because the focus is OUTREACH, and formal dress would create a culture of exclusivity, especially for guests who forget to dress up or can't get anything in time.

More info and updates to come. If you're interested in helping out in the following areas, let me know:

Dinner: Ordering, serving, seating arrangements

"Everything Skit"
(look it up on youtube, really cool)

A/V and equipment
tangaroo
tangaroo

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

The (INFORMAL) Christmas Banquet Thread! Empty Re: The (INFORMAL) Christmas Banquet Thread!

Post by Boomerwang Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Awesome. Thanks for stressing the informal aspect. I'm totally gonna pull a Brian Chen and come with sweats and a (stolen-since-I-don't-own-one) hoodie.

On a separate note, sorry everybody for the miscommunication regarding this event in November Cross Culture! Just so there's no confusion, what you see here (in this thread) is what'll be taking place!
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 184
Name : Jerry
Year : Grad
Major : Civil Engr
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.xanga.com/amurizon

Back to top Go down

The (INFORMAL) Christmas Banquet Thread! Empty Re: The (INFORMAL) Christmas Banquet Thread!

Post by Boomerwang Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Once again, wanted to give a shout-out to all the hard-working folks behind the scenes of the Christmas Banquet to make it what it was. Y'all rolled with the blows and produced something magical.

But I wanna give BIG UPS to K E N N Y T A N G for his hard work, vision, and willingness to listen to countless comments, suggestions, criticisms, concerns, and everything in between. Raise the roof, Alg 8!

Kenny, you put the tang in my juice, baby. YEEEAH!!! bounce
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 184
Name : Jerry
Year : Grad
Major : Civil Engr
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.xanga.com/amurizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down