umivcf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+ Apology and Explanation of Missing Posts +

umivcf :: IVCF :: General

Go down

+ Apology and Explanation of Missing Posts + Empty + Apology and Explanation of Missing Posts +

Post by Boomerwang Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Over the end of the weekend, Sunday night/Monday morning, I suspect that our providers suffered some kind of server problem (a server is a computer that is constantly on and connected to the Net which holds the files on which websites are based). There was a resulting loss of information in the form of seemingly missing/deleted posts. It appears that as of now, they have not been able to recover the missing posts.

I sincerely apologize to all of you for this aggravating problem. Despite it being a free service and a situation out of our control, I am very frustrated by this, because of the great feedback and usage that this forum has been getting recently. My hope is that, despite our loss, we will continue to use this forum to its greatest extent, and that you will not be discouraged from re-posting older posts, or continuing to post.

I am checking for a potential resolution to the problem of the lost posts on their help forum. Many people have already posted there complaining about this problem, so it is definitely a universal issue (that is, other forums have also lost information/posts). I'll update here when I find more info. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

[Update: I am sad to announce that the providers confirmed that they had suffered a server crash, and that the posts we lost cannot be restored. I know many of you had made important posts - I feel terrible for this inconvenience, and apologize profusely for your inconvenience.]
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 184
Name : Jerry
Year : Grad
Major : Civil Engr
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.xanga.com/amurizon

Back to top Go down

umivcf :: IVCF :: General

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum