umivcf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chicago

2 posters

umivcf :: IVCF :: General

Go down

chicago Empty chicago

Post by maggietto Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:09 pm

summer iv trip!!!

Friday July 10th- Sunday July 12th

if you wanna go...

1. can you provide a car?
  2. do you know of where we can stay in chicago?
  3. where in chicago did you want to go?

maggietto

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

chicago Empty Re: chicago

Post by Boomerwang Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:36 am

Yeah, I'm interested! Only thing is, I have to be at OCC in Auburn Hills by 1pm Sunday. But I think it'd definitely work out if one of the other drivers had a similar situation. Otherwise, no biggie.

1. No... but maybe...*
2. No - are we considering hotels or maybe friends' places?
3. Lincoln Park Zoo! Always heard about it but never been there... I read that it's the oldest free zoo still around!

*Dunno, maybe I could drive from home, or something. Although I guess it'd mean I'd have to leave Sunday morning at like 7 or 8 or something. Hm...
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 184
Name : Jerry
Year : Grad
Major : Civil Engr
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.xanga.com/amurizon

Back to top Go down

Post by maggietto Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:47 pm

here's an email i sent out to the group (betsy, spencer, sofa, joyce, ben, david, liz parker):

here's what i was thinking:

leave friday afternoon (preferable, or first thing saturday morning) and come back sunday night (right after dinner ~7 or 8).
questions: for those working (betsy, ben, david) are you able to get out of work early friday?
did anyone need/want to be back earlier (ie, sunday afternoon?)
jerry expressed interest in coming but needs to be back early. if there's a car willing to go back early (sunday morning), let us know.

we'll eat dinner together in chicago friday. we can split up either saturday or sunday (for parts of it or something) depending on where you guys wanna go...
here are ppl's preferences; how do you guys wanna organize this for the weekend??

sofa/ joyce: Farnsworth house (outside of chicago), Robie House, The Rookery, Illinois Institute of Technology, Bar at the top of Sears tower.

jerry: joy yee's, cheesecake factory, lincoln park zoo

david: uno's, china town, hot doug's

betsy/ me: house of sushi, legoland, picnic at millennium park (it's circus carnival week!), beach

i know some ppl wanted to go to museums too (betsy, spencer?).

*you are responsible for your own transportation to/ from activities.
*bring cash!!! you'll need it to ride the train and it'll be easier when we eat together

drivers (ben, david): do you guys have a gps? driving to chicago is really simple (just take 94w) but once we get there, things will get kinda icky. also, would it be alright if we traded off driving?

what i need you to do: get back to me if any of the questions apply to you, please look for a place where we can stay (2 rooms, split by gender of course!). priority for least expensive, closest to chicago as possible.
*i have a friend living in evanston (female) and a friend living in downtown chicago (male). i emailed them about us coming; i'm not sure if they'll be willing to open their place up to all of us so let's try to find additional housing!!

further questions? direct to group or me!

maggietto

Back to top Go down

Post by maggietto Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:49 pm

updates:

ppl. the above + possible melpan and boomer

housing. we're all gonna stay at emily's place (betsy's sister). she's located in downtown chicago.

transit. from my friend mary "Train information: use http://www.transitchicago.com/
this site should have a trip planner that tells u how to get from A to B by walking, train, and buses. and has all the routes
also good is google maps where you can put in A and B and choose "by public transit" instead of driving, and that should also give you directions for the train. When you get here, try to find a transit map at a train station."

what now.
still figuring out when we're leaving (preferably friday afternoon. this depends on ppl that are working/ have classes).
still figuring out the schedule of what to do/ how to split up once we're there.
to jerry, do you know if you'll be driving? that would be the easiest option (for all of us). joyce expressed interest in leaving early as well. if not, your other option would be to take megabus back to aa or something (the train is expensive and inefficient)

i will be out of contact starting tomorrow (friday) morning until sunday morning when i get back to aa. do not expect me to reply. please ask the others on the trip if you have any further questions

WHOHOO I'M PSYCHED :D

maggietto

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerwang Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:30 am

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm figuring out things with my family right now - I'll update here when I hear back as to whether I can drive.
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 184
Name : Jerry
Year : Grad
Major : Civil Engr
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.xanga.com/amurizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content