umivcf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer request for a friend

umivcf :: IVCF :: General

Go down

Prayer request for a friend Empty Prayer request for a friend

Post by Boomerwang Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 am

Hey all,

I'm not too informed on the details, but a friend of some of ours from the Oakland County area (Rochester Hills/Troy) seems to have gone missing. But several people have emailed us saying that they've been looking for him throughout the day today and haven't been able to get in touch. Apparently his cell phone is at home, and his dad doesn't know where he is either.

Again, I don't know much of the details, so it may not end up being anything. Personally, I know him to be a good kid. But please join me in prayer for this friend and brother in Christ, that the Holy Spirit be with him wherever he may be, protecting him and guarding him in whatever circumstance he may be in. For his family and friends' comfort and peace, and for God to reveal Himself through this occurrence.

I'll keep you all informed. Thanks for your prayer support despite such ambiguity.
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 184
Name : Jerry
Year : Grad
Major : Civil Engr
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.xanga.com/amurizon

Back to top Go down

Prayer request for a friend Empty Re: Prayer request for a friend

Post by Boomerwang Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Update: Hi everyone, turns out he is fine. If I remember the situation correctly, he simply needed some time on his own to reflect, so it was not a kidnapping or running away from home, or anything like that. Perhaps he had his phone off so he wouldn't be bothered.

Praise God that it was not an emergency, and that he is currently working a few temporary jobs in the area. Teach for America may be in his future, too.

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers.
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 184
Name : Jerry
Year : Grad
Major : Civil Engr
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.xanga.com/amurizon

Back to top Go down