umivcf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2 spoiler warning)

3 posters

umivcf :: IVCF :: General

Go down

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2 spoiler warning) Empty Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2 spoiler warning)

Post by Boomerwang Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:30 pm

Okay, so as a pretty big fan of the original two films, James Cameron's 1984 The Terminator, and 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day (and not so much the third one), I was going into the first season of T:SCC with pretty high hopes. Given that it was a) a TV show, and b) probably not even a fraction of a movie budget, I definitely adjusted my expectations accordingly. I didn't finish the entire first season, but what I saw of it was interesting. The action was sufficient, and some concepts and ideas were explored that I really like.

I've just started browsing around with the FOX's new season 2 episodes, free online. And yeah. Those ideas I was talking about that I liked in the first season? I think they are going overboard with some of them, especially as it pertains to the Terminator machines themselves. Some of the new ideas intrigue me greatly. Others sort of leave a bad taste in my mouth. But unfortunately I couldn't put myself all in for T:SCC. I really tried, but I can't stop seeing Linda Hamilton (the original actress of the heroine from the first two Terminator films) as the Sarah Connor (Sarah Headey does a great job in my opinion, but is still much too soft). But the main issue I have is the lead female Terminator role.

I can't give Summer Glau much credit. Nothing against her perosnally, I am happy she landed the role and I'm sure she is a great actress and will become very successful, and I wish the best for her. But I do not feel she is cut out for the title role. I miss the enchanting but cold, suave, harsh coolness of Robert Patrick and Ahnold Schwarzenegger's performances that really catapulted the franchise to the top. At her best, she looks to me like a cold, harsh human. Not a Terminator. Just another person having a bad day.

Despite not liking Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, I felt that Kristianna Loken did a very decent job at following-up after Patrick and Schwarzenegger's set the ways a Terminator ("Terminatrix"? Are you kidding me?) should act and behave, and I think that in the future, would-be Terminators should take their cue from her and the two before for how they should act out the Terminator's behavior.

My former love for the Terminator franchise (back when there were only two films and nothing else), my passionate interest in science fiction, and my curiosity about where T:SCC is headed will keep me attached (loosely) to the TV series.

But as much as the storyline touts saving humanity... how about saving the Terminators?

Last edited by Boomerwang on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 184
Name : Jerry
Year : Grad
Major : Civil Engr
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.xanga.com/amurizon

Back to top Go down

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2 spoiler warning) Empty Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2 spoiler warning)

Post by Boomerwang Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Haha, so all that jazz aside... I'm confused about the first episode of Season 2 already.

Um, who is the redhead? "Babylon Girl"? And where did she come from?
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Back to top Go down

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2 spoiler warning) Empty Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Season 2 spoiler warning)

Post by corlegacy89 Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Same here. I saw Terminator 2 on TV one day and I'm like wowww awesome movie, I have to watch this SCC show! (I saw it a long time ago but seeing it again renewed my interest)

I actually really liked the first season. Second season is okay so far.
I see where you're coming from about the Linda Hamilton thing but cmon, Sarah Headey's...hot Very Happy No complaints from me. hehe
But I do agree about the Summer Glau thing. She's not Terminator-ey enough.

And I think redhead is supposed to be kept a mystery for now.

corlegacy89

Number of posts : 25
Name : Cory
Year : Sophomore
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychosis Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:47 pm

I don't know if you guys caught the end of the episode or not, but the redhead is a T-1000. She disguised herself as a urinal and then came out of the wall to kill an employee with the finger thing. Horribly miscast if you ask me, should have had an American wearing normal clothes who would actually blend into society.

As for the series, I like the concept that Skynet and the Resistance aren't just waging a war in the future, but a temporal war across time as well, each trying to undo the other. The infiltrators Skynet sends don't do a very good job of blending in though, I'm surprised they don't get caught. Summer Glau has the right tics and movements, but her personality is kind of ridiculous, though I guess she is playing a robot.
Psychosis
Psychosis

Number of posts : 15
Name : Albert YAO
Year : 2008
Major : Butt-Kicking
Registration date : 2008-09-22

https://www.youtube.com/ivantsangmadethis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerwang Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Boomerwang wrote:
Um, who is the redhead? "Babylon Girl"? And where did she come from?

Psychosis wrote:I don't know if you guys caught the end of the episode or not, but the redhead is a T-1000. She disguised herself as a urinal and then came out of the wall to kill an employee with the finger thing.

Yeah, that's what prompted my question. Razz

Last edited by Boomerwang on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boomerwang
Boomerwang

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychosis Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:12 pm

It's simple - she's there to ensure that Skynet gets created, and she's basically its trump card since the only real way to kill a liquid metal terminator is to dump it into a pit of molten steel, haha
Psychosis
Psychosis

Number of posts : 15
Name : Albert YAO
Year : 2008
Major : Butt-Kicking
Registration date : 2008-09-22

https://www.youtube.com/ivantsangmadethis

Back to top Go down

Post by corlegacy89 Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Psychosis wrote:I don't know if you guys caught the end of the episode or not, but the redhead is a T-1000. She disguised herself as a urinal and then came out of the wall to kill an employee with the finger thing. Horribly miscast if you ask me, should have had an American wearing normal clothes who would actually blend into society.

OH yeahhhh
now i remember that. haha
I guess that's what happens when you watch online TV while doing hwk Smile

corlegacy89

Number of posts : 25
Name : Cory
Year : Sophomore
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down