Junior Class Sharing

Go down

Junior Class Sharing

Post by jxwang on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:52 pm

So...since we ALWAYS seem to have such large amounts of catching up to do during class time, I think it'd be nice to use this forum for more regular communication instead of just piling on each other during every class time. :)

We talked about how we can be better serving each other at lock-in. Lets continue that and share our struggles, joys, funny stories, whatever-you-haves, as we continue growing together as a class.

"Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near." - Hebrews 10:24-25

jxwang

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junior Class Sharing

Post by chelleli on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:09 pm

OUTBURST OF LOVE! :)

The weather is beautiful, go outside and enjoy it! 70 degrees in November, what?

Let's all have dinner together some time soon, like old times. Totoro anyone? Actually let's make it Sadako, they have better sushi.
chelleli

Number of posts : 5
Name : Michelle Liang
Year : Junior
Major : Communication Studies and Sociology
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile http://xraindropsx.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stechen on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm

I prefer Sadako.
stechen

Number of posts : 60
Name : Steven Chen
Major : Political Science, Asian Studies
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://shadowdevil502.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tangaroo on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:29 pm

food is good.
tangaroo

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by myi on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:20 pm

agreed

myi

Number of posts : 31
Name : Margaret Yi
Major : Piano Performance
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by myi on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:22 pm

now for real sharing...

my mom got engaged last weekend (again...)

I'm feeling pretty neutral about it now, but it's certainly going to change how things go in my family for the future. Please pray that I will have a patient and open heart, searching for God's will and plan for the situation.

myi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by myi on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Lily and I were talking last night, and I was very grateful that she was open with me in expressing concern that I might be drawing away from AIV for the wrong reasons (sin in my own life, unwillingness to confront problems directly...). Would you all keep me accountable, please, and alert me if you observe any signs that this might be true?

I am, however, drawing away from AIV. I do not attend small group regularly, and haven't been uber-involved in outreach-type activities.

I think, though, that my reasons are somewhat different than those posited above. As many of you know, I'm heavily involved with Counterpoint, the music school ministry that began last year. Actually, "heavily involved" doesn't quite capture what I do. So that there's more clarity about my ministry duties and how I spend my time, I'm sharing all this with you (hopefully not to brag or bring glory/triumph for myself).

Counterpoint is a separate ministry for AIV. There are no overlapping members except for me.

I am pretty-much the founder of Counterpoint, and serve in what we would call the administrator/president role. This means that I oversee each of our monthly planning meetings, organize people's duties for each weekly Bible study, organize a plethora of outside events, and lead Bible study at times. Outside of nuts and bolts activities, I exert a lot of time, thought, and energy thinking about the culture that Counterpoint should represent, about the vision for this group, about the logistical / relational / sin problems in the group, about developing future leaders, etc.

Outside of Counterpoint-focused spiritual stuff, there's also the time that I need to spend with just me and God, letting him talk to me and nourish me. As I'm an introvert, this time alone with God is invaluable to me.

I'm also a piano major. I practice a lot. I try to glorify God with my studies, though often I fall into the trap of idolizing them.

I'm also involved a long-distance relationship. It takes time.

I also love my one-on-one meetings with people. I love Maggie, Cynthia, Lily. I'd like to have more time to meet with more of you (not to mention Counterpoint freshmen, new students, and even returning students!) individually.

All of this is to say that yes, I am pulling away from AIV. My chief reason is that I believe God's calling me to serve through Counterpoint more. I love AIV, though, and all the people in it. I don't think I'll ever cease to be involved. However, please remember that I basically have a whole other chapter that I'm overseeing, and hence my spiritual energy is no longer concertrated on AIV.

Thanks if you've kept reading until the end. As I said at the beginning, please hold me accountable to pure motives and righteous thoughts & actions. I love you all.

myi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stechen on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:02 pm

Thanks for sharing - the issue of balance is always a tricky one, and ultimately what matters isn't necessarily what you choose to do, but rather how you came about making that decision, and whether or not it's a path that God wants you to follow.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit sad, but I want to affirm you - don't feel bad about the choices you've had to make, though at the same time, don't feel that you're ever unwelcome or too distant either...
stechen

Number of posts : 60
Name : Steven Chen
Major : Political Science, Asian Studies
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://shadowdevil502.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down